When considering Sunterra Springs, our 5 star rating can't be beat!
Star ratings are given by CMS. They created these ratings to help consumers, their families, and caregivers compare nursing homes more easily.
Facilities can receive a rating of 1-5 based on the overall care provided. This is determined by health inspections, staffing, and quality of resident care measures.
Here's just a few of the statistics you can find when viewing our 5 star rating on the CMS website:
- Our facility has a total of 38 beds, which is significantly lower than the Missouri and National average. Because of this we are able to offer a more personalized and comfortable stay.
- Our number of nurse staff hours per resident per day is higher than both the Missouri and National average. This means your loved one will receive more one on one care than the average nursing home.
- Our percentage of short stay residents who improved their ability to move around on their own is higher than both the Missouri and National average. This is due to our amazing physical therapy staff.
- Our percentage of residents who needed and received the flu shot is higher than both the Missouri and National average.
- Our COVID-19 vaccination rates for staff and residents who completed the primary vaccination series are higher than both the Missouri and National average.
In this last year Sunterra Springs also received an award for being top 15% in nursing care from our Pinnacle reviews along with many other areas.
We are very proud of our 5 star rating here at Sunterra Springs.
Here's a recent review from our Springfield, MO Director of Nursing, Ashley, to show just how much we love to spread the word about the wonderful care we offer.
"Hello- I just wanted to introduce myself as I am the Director of Nursing of the facility. I have been with Sunterra for almost 3 years now and I'm very happy to be a part of such a wonderful interdisciplinary team.
We have remained a 5 star across the board in our Medicare Ratings including staffing and quality. This last year we also received an award for being top 15% in nursing care from our Pinnacle reviews along with many other areas.
If you are looking for placement for a loved one, I would highly recommend it. We are designed much differently as we are a small facility with only 38 beds and they are private only. We have a strong focus of rehab to home (reason I love it so much). We work with each patient individually to try to meet the goals of their care. We focus on high quality and are capable of taking care of a variety of needs."
The pride we have in our staff and facility really shines through, and shows in the reviews we receive!
Here's just of the amazing reviews we've received lately:
"If I could give 10 stars I would. Sunterra is on the top of their game in all aspects of care. No billing surprises at all. Everything is transparent. They are a dedicated, professional and very skilled team. The food, cleanliness of building and rooms, professionalism, nursing care and physical therapy are second to none. If your are looking for peace of mind as your loved one recovers, you'll nor find a better place."